3 Convincing Reasons to Use Video Marketing
in 2020 and Beyond
by The Digital Design Company
It’s no secret
–every business needs to have an effective marketing strategy in place. Without a marketing plan in place, even the greatest of services or products would otherwise go unnoticed or unheard of. And, of course, that means no success for the business.
While most content that you use for your marketing strategy could be effective, it’s important to understand that not all content is created equal. Some types of content work (much) better than others on any given day. Following suit, as part of a great marketing plan, video content should be one of your first priorities.
Why? Because video simply outperforms other types of content.
In the world of marketing, video is the cream of the crop.
It’s not that video is some new phenomenon, either, Ever since the introduction of the first television commercials in the late 1960s, video has been captivating people’s attention. Fast forward to current times, and there are now more sources of video content than ever.
Platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Tik Tok are all proof that video is the people’s preferred way to consume content––and that ultimately means more conversions for your business.
If that isn’t proof enough, no worries––we’ve got you covered. Let’s take a look at 3 convincing reasons to use video in your marketing strategy in 2020 and beyond. If you’re looking for marketing help in the Buffalo, New York area, we’re your go-to for everything from A to Z––video marketing included.
#1: Video Increases Sales
Did you know that simply adding a product or brand video to your home page can increase sales and conversion rates by more than 50%? It’s true.
Since potential customers don’t know too much about your product or service, providing video content helps them get to know your brand better. Knowing your brand better builds more trust, more trust results in more customers, and more customers mean more sales.
#2: Video Builds Trust & Credibility
As mentioned above, trust results in more customers, which results in more sales. Therefore, building trust with your customers is just as important as managing business finances. Although you should absolutely have some sort of sales strategy set in place, many of the world’s most successful businesses create the opportunity for customers to come to them.
One of the best ways to do this, of course, is video marketing. By publishing helpful and engaging video content on a regular basis, potential customers will be encouraged to visit your site, sign up for your newsletter, and ultimately make a purchase. If you continue to keep their trust, you may just very well earn yourself a golden egg: the repeat customer.
#3: Search Engines Love Video
As you may already know, search engines prioritize content that is of higher quality so that these websites/results show up first on search results pages. Since video is seen as high-quality content, this can actually help to improve your website’s visibility in the search results, which serves as an aid to your current SEO strategy.
Of course, you can’t just go posting any kind of video content, but if you post high-quality video content with proper keywords, a meaningful title, and accurate meta, your site will be one step closer to showing up on the first page on Google. If you want nearly half of your marketing work cut out for you, getting on Google’s first page for search results is key.
Important Things to Consider for Your Videos
While video is definitely one of the best pieces of content to add to your marketing strategy, you can’t just publish any kind of video you want. If your video is of poor quality or lacks important elements, it can actually hurt your engagement, sales, and conversion rates in a single blow––which is the last thing you want.
Here are some important elements to consider for your video marketing:
- Start with a great title. Not to sound “salesy”, but a great title is a bait that lures viewers to watch your video. Make sure it’s interesting and attention-grabbing.
- Tell a compelling story. This is your chance to appeal to the customer’s wants and desires. Instead of making it one long sales pitch, tell a story that capitalizes on human emotions.
- Show the human side of your business. No one likes a brand that just shows their product or service 24/7 without any further detail. Instead of always shooting product videos, try making a video about your team, or the creative process, or something that helps viewers feel more connected with your brand.
- Be bold and unique. Why is it that Old Spice commercials are so friggin popular? The short answer: Because they dare to be bold and unique. Try being a little risque and see where it takes you.
- Practice a mobile-first design strategy. Nearly 80% of all video content streamed on the internet is done on mobile devices. Plan accordingly and you’ll be one step ahead of many competitors.
- Include a call to action (CTA). A great video that ends without any CTA is just that: a great video. To make sure that your videos still serve their marketing intent, be sure to include quick calls to action at the end of each video. A simple “comment your thoughts below” is enough in most cases.
For more help, feel free to reach out to us at thedigitaldesign.co